I've only noticed, I never talked about DCGO for DCG simulator. This is the place where I play and test my builds. There are some good and bad point about this sim, but for what it does, a lot more efforts have been put in compare to other simulator I used. This is also the main one I don't mind asking for donations.
Just like other sim, the main base is made from Unity engine, but this one definitely stands out a lot. Then again, there are other reasons why other doesn't stand out as much, and that could be, they never did Unity, and only built the sim from what they know, whilst DCG, the person could be an expert in using Unity, so they can create a good UI simulator. So I don't really want to downgrade other people effort, at least they made one for everyone to play, unlike company like Bandai.
The 1 main problem is that the sim only updates 2 weeks after the set got released, so if you need to build the deck straight away, you will need to find other sim. Of course, for sim players like me, I won't care since I don't have real life cards to play with.
The AI
You get to play against the AI before playing against real opponents to understand the deck, and the AI would use one of your decks you've built to play against you. The one downside to the AI is that it is not very smart which is why I'm not too keen in playing against the AI as an official opponent over real opponents. I will only suggest to play against AI to learn the deck, so when you play against real opponents, you could play the cards smoothly.
Deck Building
The UI for deck building is very good, and it has the numbers of how many type of cards in the build and the levels. So if you realised you run too many of certain levels, you could shorten the number down.
What I like about the search is that it will shows all the card related to that name, so if you forgotten the card name, as long as you can remember the other names related to the card, you will still get the same result. Not to mention, the sim gives you AA version of the card and the non AA version, so you don't need to modify the files to get the AAs you want.
What's more is that the search can also show the trait of the Digimon. Trait will be very useful if you can't remember the Digimon name, but know what traits that Digimon will be in. It's also a lot more easier if you are building a deck focusing on that trait, so all the cards will be in that card pool than searching for the name.
Card type is the one I mainly uses especially if you use trait search, so you want to filter out a lot of the cards to find the cards you need much easier, rather than going through the card pool.
Settings
Settings will be very useful and we've only got 4 settings available to choose from.
For the Graphics, we can change the screen setting according to the monitor size. You can also go full screen if you want as this doesn't include all screen size for available monitors, so full screen would be your best option.
Gameplay settings lets you change a lot of stuff. I have all mine switch to manual, since I don't need most of them on.
Sounds is very straight forward, it's the sound effects and background music. I never liked the background music so I just have mine to the lowest.
Unfortunately, only 2 languages are available for this game. If they could add at least 5 more languages, then, this would be a great sim. But for non EN and JP readers, this will be very difficult for you, unless you know the card's effects of by heart.
Gameplay
3 settings will be available, one is random match which is of course playing against random opponents. The second is room match where you can play against your friends. The last one is bot match, but I don't recommend bot match because of the AI, unless you need to understand the deck.
When starting the game, you will have mulligan screen pops up which is very useful, and you won't need to manual click on mulligan to mulligan your hand.
The gameplay will be very hard to show as a screenshot as I need to create a video to work because it's a drag and click gameplay. Very easy for people to use rather than having a lot of buttons telling you which one which. All of the effects will be automatically activated once you play your cards, unless the effect is optional. Once your memory goes over 0, it automatically ends your turn. Of course, you can click end turn if you have nothing to play.
When you have multiple effects active, a screen will pop up letting you to choose the order of the effect. It is the same for search effects as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment