Monday, September 21, 2026

ONE PIECE CARD GAME New Information EB-05 & OP-18

 

I'm a bit late to the party because of binge watching some anime that have finished, so didn't notice this video until later. But more cards revealed for both EB05 and OP18 set. EB05 will be the main one I'm looking forward to and see what decks will get supported. Although, it does seems EB05 will follow the Heroines route.

Cards


Now we get Heroines SP in EB05, but I do wish they do this sooner for EB03 set. Anyway, 1 of the Heroines will be the new card, EB05 Robin and Robin has a simple effect that works for Wisdom cards. We finally get another attribute build other than Slash Characters. It's just a simple effect which can let us play Wisdom cards for free, and we have a trigger effect that just rest your opponent's Characters.

I'm liking the new EB05 Robin Leader as this will make your opponent think twice before KOing your Wisdom Characters. We do want to run some yellow Life gain cards and not just Wisdom, so Robin could gain more Life cards. The other effect can let us untap Wisdom Characters but only with 6k power or less. So you won't be able to protect your high power Characters without Blockers or counters.

Hancock and Rebecca also gets the Heroine artwork, of course with Hancock being a competitive deck, the Leader will be more expensive than Rebecca and Rebecca could be used as a collection.

Bonney will be a great addition to Law build as Law uses a lot of low power Characters we can play to the field. Of course, you can run Bonney in other SN build as just get the draw effect instead of focusing playing Characters to the field. The second effect will make our attacks more easier to hit, especially if your opponent has some ways to power up their Leader.

Stussy can be really good in a lot of builds, I am mainly thinking of Sabo deck so we could remove the -1k restriction with ease. The power bonus could be really deadly combined with Sabo's effect, so our attacks could hit for more power. But you also have power reducers, so your attacks could even hit high power Characters.

More Cross Guild support which is about time, and I'm definitely running Alvida especially that draw power and being able to play 8 cost or less, getting 2 major beat sticks on the field. Don't forget, Buggy Leader will be able to play Alvida for 5 using the effect, so I'm not too bothered about being a 9 drop. The when attacking effect can be strong as we can negate on KO effects.

A nice support for both Doffy and Sugar build. It's only a power reducer effect, but -4k is a lot, especially when we can make a 10k beat stick down to 6k beat stick, easily KOing that Character.

A nice support for Yamato build, but to be honest, any black decks with mill can easily run Yamato in the build, so this card will be perfect for those builds. Not to mention, if your opponent has 8k base power or more, we gains Blocker and +3k which is very good. 

Why is it always yellow who gets the most OP cards from EB set? Gloriosa is going to be expensive as I can see any yellow decks will just be spamming Gloriosa in the build. You literally negate damage and with yellow Life gain abilities, the deck is going to be even more annoying to play against. I don't really care about the trigger effect as I would be mainly aiming for the main effect.

More Life gain for Wisdom Leaders, and very easy to trigger as we don't have Life requirement. Nami does cost 5 to play, but that's very easy to do as soon as we have 5 DONs, we can just straight play Nami to the field. The trigger effect however will not work with the main effect, otherwise, it will be OP, I guess they've put like OP17 BM Pirates restrictions.

Shirahoshi is still a build with plenty of upgrade room in the build, so even with this new Shirahoshi card, we've still got plenty of spaces left, although, maybe if I added Gloriosa and Nami, maybe that will change a little to tighter spaces. The first effect is just a search effect but we will trash the rest of the cards. The second effect will give our Sea Kings Rush ability which can make the deck more aggressive.


Shirahoshi will also get the manga art treatment, which is really strange as this is only a 1 drop.

Looks like we've got a green Luffy, and there are plenty of green SH cards already that would make this Leader very effective. I guess the only downside is that we can't untap this card during our next turn.

Finally got CP support after most of the old CP stuff got rotated out, and the effect is not bad as we are able to gain Life cards once per turn.

Looks like we've got more Robin Leader, but this one is All Sunday for BW supports for blue. I think it's about time as some of the old BW cards are still usable, and it is also a very strong effect, not only you can draw a card, but your opponent also discards a card. If those BW Characters also have Blockers, it will be the best combination as this effect is not once per turn.

Alabasta is also a deck that needs upgrading since the old stuff have mainly rotated out. Although, reading Karoo's effect, I think we can use the Chopper engine from Drum Kingdom more than Alabasta. The effect suits Chopper very well especially make Chopper Rush as well as spamming Animal Characters to the field. However, if you want the draw, then, we need to run some Alabasta stuff, and hopefully Animal type as well.

Release Date


As EB05 and OP18 has a really close release date, I will have to skip some decks and save them for OP18 release if we've got the cards for those decks. The release date between them is less than a month, so it would be impossible for me to post all EB05 decks in time, unless I have more people to work on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment