After watching this video, I've understand how Gundam Assemble works rather than reading the rule book. But in my opinion, I still think you will still need 3D print some parts like bases, cities or colonies to make the scenery much better, looking like a Gundam game. Of course, this is just my personal opinion and only if you have a 3D printer to use.
I'm going to split the video in different parts, but it will be better to watch the video for the full understanding rather than reading the stuff I wrote. I only understand the rules from this video, but I haven't played the game to fully understand it.
Winning Condition
We've got 3 different ways to earn points and the conditions is just like any Gundam series.
Scenario
We do get a map, base tokens and some hexagon stuff for elevation, with light part are Lv1 and dark part or Lv2. If you've got 3D printer, you could print out stuff for the map to add some scenery.
You also have objectives tokens and upgrade tokens to place on the map. Upgrade tokens are place facedown and randomised so nobody knows which upgrade token they will be getting.
Squad Building
Squad building doesn't look great as you can only allowed 1 copy of the Unit card, but multiple copies of that model. So you will need to choose wisely which Gundam you want to use.
Tactics Deck
You can only have 9 Tactics cards and they can't be more than 1 copy in the deck, so you will need to choose wisely when we get more Tactics cards for the game. They are also 1 time used.
Timeline Number
I don't like the timeline part where the one with the lowest timeline can go first, but if both players are the same, then, they will need to roll the dice to see who can go first. I'm like we should just roll the dice in the first place.
Advancing
Units are deployed from the base and can only use 3 steps. Going to the higher terrain will cost as an additional move, Lv1 will cost 1, and Lv2 will cost 2.
Primary Actions
So this is what the Timeline would be used for, but I still think going first or second should be decided with a dice roll.
I think it's very straight forward for what each of their action do.
The terrains can block line of sight, as this would be very useful, so it doesn't mean jumping to the high ground would be better.
However, staying on the high ground gives you better accuracy and this is important for dice roll as getting that +1 can make a difference.
I personally loves dice rolling, and getting 9 or 10 can gives you critical attack, and that could be important if you want extra damaged.
Damage and Defeating Units
Would this mean the lower the better as you wouldn't use as much timeline compare to high timeline Unit?
Your opponent will gaining Victory Points equal to the card's VP. I guess if I play an army of Balls my opponents won't be getting a lot of VPs.
Garrisons are worth 2 VPs, might not be much, but it could make a difference if you can't destroy enemy Units, and you only need to deal 1 damage or rescue one.
Status Effects
You have Status effects in this game and its very straight forward with all of these.
Push and Pull
No idea you can do Push and Pull which makes the game even better as we also have pull and push in the Gundam series and it's not just all about using weapons. What's more if enemy units hits a terrain, they will take 2 damage, if they are pushed into another unit, both units take 2 damage. Pulling will be the same.
Upgrades
To get an upgrade, end your moves on top of the token and you will get it permanently.
There are only 3 types of tokens.
Units Abilities
Unit must end on an objective to get an objective.
You can also try to get your opponents too, but they would return to neutral and you will need to get more units to successful gain control of that objective.
No comments:
Post a Comment