Friday, July 31, 2026

NARUTO CARD GAME Overview Trailer

 

I know, I am late to the party with this NCG trailer. The game will be releasing in Summer 2027 which is still a long way to go. To be honest, I am thinking Bandai is getting a bit greedy with releasing new card game per year. They could end up making like 20 card games at this rate, but they still won't be able to take down the big 3.

Looking at the trailer, they are using the Leader route, so this game won't be like GCG or DCG, but I do wish the game will have GCG multiplayer aspect, because as you know, Naruto do form a team of 4 as they need to work together to take down enemies. Of course, you could be like Madara who can solo everyone, but if NCG have multiplayer aspect it is more fun to play rather than just 1v1. Honestly, I am bored of 1v1 card games, which is why MTG multiplayer games are more fun to play.

Well, it is up to Bandai in how to make this game work, but I think multiplayer will definitely improve the game and not just another 1v1 card game to play with as you could get more people to join in a multiplayer game, rather than waiting for the guys to finish their 1v1 match to play. Well this is just my honest opinion, because I am bored of 1v1 card games. I feel more people is just more fun to play.

Alright, back to the trailer, and it seems Jutsu will be very important if it have timing where you can use it on your and your opponent's turns. We only get 5 Chakra cards, and I hope, they are not the resources to play our Characters, because 5 is not a lot. But it is not mentioned how we can play our Characters to the field, the Chakra is mainly to activate Jutsu effects. You also get 1 Summon card, and I don't know if that Summon card would be like Shadow Clone.

My expectation is that this game won't be cheap, looking all the past Bandai games. So if you want to play a cheap card game, Pokemon is still the way to go. I'll be very surprised if this game would be cheap to play. You can also expect power creep, the longer the game goes on. DCG and OPCG are the best example for power creep. Those games at first were okay, this is fair, later on the sets, the cards are becoming stronger and stronger without much of a cost. But I think power creep happens to all card games no matter which company makes the game, it will be up to the ban list to make the game fairer, which I don't like. More cards in ban list pretty much tells you how broken the game can be.

Hopefully, it also doesn't follow GCG footstep where we have 4 sets of aggro decks dominating until a proper ban list kicks in. Nobody will like to see 1 type of deck winning in the tournament, it pretty much tells you the balance of the game. Balancing is important, the more balance the game, it means more different type of decks could potentially win, especially winning with a meme deck.


https://www.naruto-cardgame.com/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment