Thursday, September 3, 2026

What The Hell is Going on With Bandai?

 

More Gunpla releases, but personally, this one is definitely disappointing except I'm thinking of getting MDSD 00 Gundam, because I am a 00 fan. I have heard the new Graham Gundam is coming out this year, but it is 8 years too late. Well at least it is cheaper than the new MG Strike Freedom coming out. Yes another MG Freedom, Bandai loves milking Freedom. Other Gundam desperately need MG version, but they chose Freedom again.

Since we are on the topic of Freedom, I want to talk about it first than the other gunplas revealed in this video.

It definitely feels like Bandai just remoulded Strike Freedom for MSF as it puts no effort in Bandai part.


More than just remoulded, the kit cost 26.4k yen, and converting that to our currency it is not cheap at all. Don't forget, in the movie Seed Freedom, they just swapped the backpack.

Personally, even if you includes the figures like other MG, it is still not worth 26.4k yen. I still prefer getting the MG Full Burst Mode Strike Freedom as I think MSF is just a downgrade. It has a katana for the backpack, but that is no difference than Red Astray.

Real Grade


But the new RG is a UC classic from MS 08th, Ground Gundam. I've recently finished the anime, but I'm not sure if I want Ground Gundam though. But as you can see, the backpack will be able to store the weapons it uses as well as the shield having its own base to stand.

MDSD


6k yen for a MDSD model, I am not sure as I've already got the HG version for 00 Raiser. Although, I was planning to get the MG version but I don't have enough spaces unless I get a display case to store the models. 

Although, since we can turn GN drive, I am tempted to get the SD version.

The inner frame of 00 Gundam.

High Grade


Another surprising release for HG is Hamma Hamma, I honestly thought this was released ages ago considering ZZ date. I am not a fan of HG due to the simplicity of the pieces put together. I rather go with RG or MG version if they get any.

Master Grade


To be honest, I am waiting for a MG version of Lupus Rex but I am really tempted to get the one from Wolf Technology if Bandai doesn't make a MG version. I didn't expect FM Graze Ein to get MG version. Although for a mobile suit looks basic, I think 7k yen is a bit much, considering 00 Raiser cost 6k yen for SD version, but you get the 0 Raiser backpack and some weapons.

Conclusion

I've skipped the decals mentioned in the video as posting multiple images just fill up the post without much text. Some of the models are expensive, but I know Bandai have raised their prices for the plastic. I also think, we don't have new Gundam anime, so Bandai got no choices but to revive some of these old units. But Freedom is definitely the one model that doesn't need another MG version. There are way more other models who need MG version than Freedom, considering the we've got MGSD version not long ago for Strike Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment